17 November, 2009

Assembly line

So seems I have a goal - a friend's son's theatre group is doing a fundraiser where people create 'boutiques' of homemade/craft items to sell.  One half of the profit goes back to the theatre group, but there's no table charge.. at any rate I have been bamboozled into having a table there , so I have been madly crocheting and boxing as though the stuff was the hottest item to hit hollywood since Miley Sirus.

My fingers are sore - a suggestion:  if you are going to crochet the plastic bags, use a finger condom or something to protect that index finger holding the plarn.  My index finger has been chopped up into little pieces like raw hamburger and I've had to take a little break from crocheting - which is ok, since I have to make the plarn from the treasure trove of bags I snagged from Ralph's Market the other day.

On other fronts, I've finished 3 more boxes - Victoria's Secret, Target Toys and Musician's Friend.






here's a closeup of the decoupage'd drum kit I put inside the Musician's Friend box - I also put a guitar, keyboard and kettle drum on the outside, just for some fun. .



I know the decoupage is a little hard to see in the picture, but it's at the center top of the picture.  Looks better in person, especially since I went to some care to do a nice job cutting out the drum kit.









I've also been trying to get some of my newspaper beads painted - I tried tempura paints, but didn't like the results much, so I recently bought an acrylic paint set as an experiment.  The acrylics seem to work better than the tempura paints, but I guess I'll know the final word after I varnish them.  Here's what they looked like as of today:





Gosh - terrible picture; they are much better in person - if you look into the cup, however, you can see the other paper beads I'm working on which are rolled triangles, then varnished.  They will be much more interesting after I string them.

My goal for the newspaper beads is to make them look like 'stones', so I've been mixing colours together - sort of works, but I think I will have to show them to someone not as critical, LOL.

Next:  I am almost done with a bag that I crocheted stripes in to - best one yet, should be done by end of day .  Pictures next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment